- Born in Donegal 1977
- Educated; St. Finian’s National School Falcarragh and Pobal Scoil Cloich Cheann Fhaola, Falcarragh. – B.Sc(HONS) from University of Ulster.
- Former Irish International Athlete & current member of Finn Valley Athletic Club, Cloughaneely GAA Club and Soccer with Dunlewey Celtic.
- Re-elected to Seanad Éireann 2011
- Fianna Fáil Seanad Spokesperson on Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Member of Joint Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Appointed to Seanad Éireann 2007
- Government Seanad Spokesperson on Lifelong Learning, Youth Work & School Transport
- Member of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Education & Science
- Re-elected to Údarás na Gaeltachta Board in April 2005
- Elected to Donegal County Council June 2004
- First Elected to Údarás na Gaeltachta in December 1999
- Served as Chair of Planning SPC on Donegal County Council (2004-2007)
- Ball Tofa dÚdarás na Gaeltachta ó 1999